Thank you so much for all the wonderful feedback we’ve been getting about our limited edition Special Reserve Hot Sauce. We are so delighted that you love the heat and the taste.
Our sauce wouldn’t be so special, if it wasn’t for the tasty but deadly Trinidad Scorpion Peppers grown by our friend Yvonne from Yvonne’s Plants www.yvonnes-plants.co.uk. We buy our peppers from Yvonne because she never uses pesticides and chemicals, she helps nature work its magic.
So we’d like to say a big thank you to Brave Heart and Chester, Yvonne’s friends horses who’ve provided all the special reserve manure that’s kept our plants well fed.
And an even bigger thank you to all the little fat ladybirds who ate all the bugs who would have otherwise damaged the plants.
And finally a big thanks to Frank and Pippa, Yvonne’s dogs who have guarded the Trinidad Scorpion Plants from any marauding Bandidos and pepper thieves!
A few facts about Trinidad Scorpions:
- Are so hot they were deemed the hottest pepper in the world at one time and although not quite the hottest pepper out there now, overtaken by the Carolina Reaper they are still a pepper to be very cautious of!
- Scoville Scale 1,000,000 – 1,463,700 SHU
- The Trinidad Scorpion Butch T pepper is a Capsicum chinense cultivar that is among the most piquant peppers in the world. It is indigenous to Trinidad and Tobago
To purchase this sauce pop over to our shop and we will send it over to you.
We’re Cutting Down on Plastic
Over the last month, we’ve been chatting to lots of different people about how we can make things better for you and all our customers. You won’t be surprised to know that everyone we spoke too told us that they love our sauces they also told us that the environment matters to them and they wanted us to ensure our packaging is as eco-friendly as possible. We have chosen a number of green packaging solutions that involve only sustainable, recycled and biodegradable materials. When we find a way to eliminate plastic completely from our packaging we’ll let you know
Meanwhile these are the changes we have in place;
- We are now using paper bubble wrap to safeguard the parcels we send out. Made from sustainable natural material. We chose Geami paper bubble wrap because it conforms to environmentally-friendly aims
- We are using paper infill where needed
- We are using paper sticky tape to secure our boxes
And some we are working on;
- Sending out a courier pack still requires a plastic bag even though it is made using recycled materials
- Fragile tape is still plastic however we only use a minimum amount where needed
- We need to use plastic bubblewrap bags on some of our products to withstand the Amazon shipping process – we are minimising this as much as possible and only in addition to paper bubblewrap, cardboard boxes or paper in the majority of parcels
Let us know your thoughts and also if you have further solutions for us to consider please let us know.
What an amazing 2018! We have just finished our last market of the year today, Christmas Eve. We wanted to thank everyone who has been part of our lives, some for many years others we have just met, without you we would have not got this far and be still around to tell the tale 🙂 Continue reading News Roundup 2018
Serves: 2-4 | Prep: 15 mins | Cooking time: Approx 80 mins in total |
This is one of my favourite winter warming recipes, I always find butternut squash soothing to the soul this recipe makes a delicious supper full of good nutrition and warmth. Continue reading Baked Butternut Squash Jerk Style
We love the simplicity of this recipe and the tasty results. Perfect when you want something light and quick. The cooked cucumber is different and a good substitute for Cho-Cho too.
This is one of my favourite hot salad dishes and one we just demonstrated at Plant Based Live over the weekend.
Our guests loved it!
Great review thank you. We love hearing from customers ♥️
Perfect for warm spring lunch on the patio! This is one of my easy to do lunches, quick and tasty, and filling enough to take you through to supper.
Beautiful light fluffy pancakes to share
Makes 4 – 6 Pancakes dependant on size – Prep time 5 mins – Cook time 4-6 mins
These pancakes are super light and fluffy and will give you a great chocolate fix! Continue reading Chocolate Vegan Pancakes
Spice up your Christmas leftovers with our amazingly tasty Turkey Coconut Curry dish. Transform your cooked meat into something special. Our turkey treat takes just 5 minutes to prepare and you can put your feet up while it cooks! Merry Christmas!
Here’s an island family favourite – Chef Bernie’s delicious recipe for this fragrant light soup appetiser with a mild tasting fish base. The recipe is part of our VIP Sauce Club Cosy Caribbean Autumn Recipe Book.
Our simple tropical canapé recipes can be quickly rustled up to wow your guests! Here are some ideas for you to try with our Tropical Range of sauces. Our sauces also make delicious easy dips which you can serve with a number of different crudités. Pop these together for a real wow factor. It’s well worth the effort – your friends will love them!
In the Caribbean we love brown stew chicken almost as much as jerk chicken! The brown stew comes from burning the brown sugar with a little oil before you add your delicious stew mix. Served with a hand made roti what could be better
This week’s recipe is our tasty Tuna fish Jerk style with Aubergine and creamy spaghetti, using Chef Bernie’s Tropical Jerk Paste – our Sauce of the Month. We hope you enjoy Chef Bernie’s indulgent Summer treat.