Like everything in life Banana Ketchup can be both decadently sweet and sumptuously savoury so why not try the Chef Bernie way of indulging? for an alternative starter try coconut shallow fried prawns with banana ketchup as a delicious dipping sauce!
Prep time 15 mins – Serves 2 – Super Easy a Bit Messy!
You will need a large fry pan
- 4 King Prawns (2 each or more if they are small)
- ½ cup of coconut flour (you can use plain flour if you would prefer)
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 egg
- A splash of rapeseed oil
A pretty dish for the Banana Ketchup
- Prepare by putting the coconut flour and the shredded coconut onto two separate plates
- Crack the egg into a bowl beat with a fork.
- Clean and devein the prawns
- Cover the prawns in coconut flour
- Coat the prawns in the egg mixture
- Coat with the desiccated coconut
- Put a generous covering of the oil in the fry pan
- Heat to a medium heat
- Shallow fry for 2 – 3 minutes on either side until golden brown and cooked through
- Take out and put on a warm plate covered in kitchen paper
- When all done serve with a generous helping of Banana Ketchup!
To purchase Banana Ketchup go to www.chefbernie.co.uk
2 thoughts on “Coconut Prawns with Banana Ketchup – Yum!”
Reblogged this on dinosaurs and woodlice and commented:
Chef Bernie’s banana ketchup may sound a little strange, but it tastes amazing!
Today on Dinosaurs and Woodlice I thought I’d reblog this post as I’ve seen these products throughout the south of the UK and LOVE THEM (plus, I thought I’d make you all hungry!)
have a great day everyone!
Yes it’s a fun sauce – thank you