This is a Caribbean one pot that we used to make back home it’s very filling and will keep you for the whole day. It’s a Caribbean equivalent to a British stew! If you want a more spicy version add a teaspoon of my very hot sauce.
Recipe for 4
- 200 g of chicken thighs skinless and boneless
- 40 g green lentils
- 100 g of spinach
- 150 g pumpkin
- 2 large new potatoes
- 1 large carrot
- 1 medium size white onion
- 100ml coconut milk
- One ripe plantain
- 1 jar of Chef Bernie’s cooking sauce
- 150 g plain flour
- Salt-and-pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Wash and peel the carrot, onion and pumpkin.
- Cut into bite size chunks
- Carefully wash and chop the spinach
- Empty the contents of the Chef Bernie jerk cooking sauce into a saucepan
- Add the chicken, lentils & onion
- Bring to the boil then turn down and simmer with lid on for 20 minutes
- Add the carrot, potato and coconut milk and spinach, simmer gently with lid on
To make the dumplings
- Add the flour to a bowl and 80ml of cold water
- Mix the flour and water together with a metal spoon and once it’s all mixed in then use your fingers to knead it into a dough, add a little more water if the mixture is too dry
- Once the dough is soft, break off pieces and roll them in your hands to make small balls
- Add the small dough balls and the plantain into the pot and cook for a further 10 minutes
Serve and enjoy
5 thoughts on “Caribbean one pot with dumplings”
Looks yummy. I could definitely eat this!
Thank you, we love it especially when the weather gets cold in the UK, which it is right now!
LikeLiked by 1 person
It’s icy rain in France today so I think we all need some comfort food.