This week’s recipe is our tasty Tuna fish Jerk style with Aubergine and creamy spaghetti, using Chef Bernie’s Tropical Jerk Paste – our Sauce of the Month. We hope you enjoy Chef Bernie’s indulgent Summer treat.
Serves 2| Prep Time 10 mins |Marinade Time 3-12 hours | Cook Time 20 mins
- 240g tuna or monkfish
- 1 dessert spoon of Tropical Jerk Paste
- 40g fresh spaghetti
- 240ml single cream
- Handful of chopped chives
- 1 red pepper
- 1 aubergine
- 30g parmesan cheese
- Splash of olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Marinade the fish with the Tropical Jerk Paste, cover and leave in the fridge for several hours.
- Place a large pan ½ full of slightly salted water on to boil.
- Slice the aubergine into rounds about ½ inch thick and cut your red pepper in half, brush with olive oil, place on a griddle or fry pan if you don’t have one. Leave to cook for 5-10 mins turning regularly until cooked to your liking.
- Whilst the veg is cooking cut the fish into cubes and skewer ready to cook on the grill.
- Place the spaghetti into the boiling water checking timing on the packet.
- Remove the red peppers and put the fish onto the grill to cook turning several times for approx 4-5 mins depending on thickness.
- When the spaghetti is cooked drain most of the water and then add the cream, chives and parmesan stirring until well mixed add salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate up and serve with a little sprinkle of extra parmesan.
Chefs Tip: Salt your eggplant slices, it draws out juices which makes it sweeter as older eggplants can be bitter. It also tightens and firms up the flesh, making the eggplant less likely to soak up as much oil.
See out tuna twist on this recipe on our Facebook Live video by clicking here.