This week’s recipe is our tasty Tuna fish Jerk style with Aubergine and creamy spaghetti, using Chef Bernie’s Tropical Jerk Paste – our Sauce of the Month. We hope you enjoy Chef Bernie’s indulgent Summer treat.
Serves 2| Prep Time 10 mins |Marinade Time 3-12 hours | Cook Time 20 mins
- 240g tuna or monkfish
- 1 dessert spoon of Tropical Jerk Paste
- 40g fresh spaghetti
- 240ml single cream
- Handful of chopped chives
- 1 red pepper
- 1 aubergine
- 30g parmesan cheese
- Splash of olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Marinade the fish with the Tropical Jerk Paste, cover and leave in the fridge for several hours.
- Place a large pan ½ full of slightly salted water on to boil.
- Slice the aubergine into rounds about ½ inch thick and cut your red pepper in half, brush with olive oil, place on a griddle or fry pan if you don’t have one. Leave to cook for 5-10 mins turning regularly until cooked to your liking.
- Whilst the veg is cooking cut the fish into cubes and skewer ready to cook on the grill.
- Place the spaghetti into the boiling water checking timing on the packet.
- Remove the red peppers and put the fish onto the grill to cook turning several times for approx 4-5 mins depending on thickness.
- When the spaghetti is cooked drain most of the water and then add the cream, chives and parmesan stirring until well mixed add salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate up and serve with a little sprinkle of extra parmesan.