Perfect for warm spring lunch on the patio! This is one of my easy to do lunches, quick and tasty, and filling enough to take you through to supper.
Serves 2 Prep time 7 mins Cook time 15 mins
- 1 large courgette
- 1 medium aubergine
- 8 baby tomatoes
- 1 purple onion
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 2 – 4 slices of seeded baguette
- 100g cream cheese (use vegan cream cheeze if desired)
- Handful off your favourite herbs (I used parsley and dill)
- Drizzle of olive oil
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp paprika
- sea salt to taste
- Slice and dice the courgette, aubergine, onion, tomatoes and bell pepper, pop them into a heated heavy bottomed pan that has a well fitting lid, add ½ tsp of sea salt with a drizzle of olive oil, sauté for 2 mins turning all the time, keeping the lid on tight and the heat down very low toss the mix every couple of minutes until done, add a little water as you go if needed (being careful of steam)
- Once soft mix in some chopped fresh herbs then leave to rest with the lid on whilst you prepare the toast.
- Taste for salt
Make the topping for the cream cheese
- Mix the garlic, paprika, oil and sea salt to taste, finely chop some of the herbs and mix in about a teaspoonful. You don’t need to be precise but keep it very fine!
- Cut and toast the bread
- Whilst the bread is toasting serve your lovey mix of vegetables into dishes, garnish with a big bunch of herbs either whole or chopped up or a bit of both! Pop your cream cheese mix onto the toast and place on top of your veggies then drizzle the dressing on top.
Bon Appétit lunch done!