Our BBQ Recipe of the Month for August is our tasty BBQ Pork Ribs Jerk Style, with Chef Bernie’s Tropical Jerk Paste. These mouth-watering, tender ribs are perfect served straight from the grill with Chef Bernie’s Tomato Ketchup. Delicious!
Serves 4 | Prep Time 30 mins |Marinade Time 24 hours | Cook Time 20 mins
- 4 pork belly ribs, choose ones with plenty of meat on them
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- 1 sprig of chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 L water
- Chef Bernie’s Jerk Paste
- Place the ribs in a pan of water with the curry powder, rosemary and salt.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 40 mins.
- Drain the water, or keep to make gravy.
- Cool the ribs and then marinade the pork ribs by rubbing the jerk paste thoroughly into both sides, cover and place in the fridge for 24 hours.
- When the BBQ is good and hot cook the ribs for around 20 mins turning several times until cooked through. Alternatively you can grill or bake the ribs.