This is one of my favourite hot salad dishes and one we just demonstrated at Plant Based Live over the weekend.
Our guests loved it!
- 140g cooked black beans
- 100g puy lentils
- ½ large papaya
- 1 sliced shallot
- Handful of coriander
- Bag of baby mixed leaves
- Splash of olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Drizzle of Chef Bernie’s Mango Chilli Sauce
- Prepare your fruits by removing any seeds and skin, cutting the fruit into bite size pieces
- Prepare the salad on two plates around the edges leaving the middle open.
- In a non stick pan sauté the sliced shallot in the olive oil, when just beginning to colour add the beans and heat for a few minutes.
- When heated right through add in the fruits and coriander, mix lightly, turn off the heat after 1 minute before the fruits and coriander get too hot, you are aiming to just have them warm not cooked, add salt to taste.
- Serve with a drizzle of Chef Bernie’s Mango Chilli Sauce